Saturday, July 30, 2016

Wow That WOW Project

The WOW project was quite the interesting task!

I had at first been hesitant -- the WOW project was to be done in one of several ways mostly using the software we had already tried out during the course. I had no interest in making another Glogster poster, as I felt that that particular site was poorly set up (unintuitive controls and selection system, lack of functions/features, etc.), especially for something that one is expected to pay for, and my free trial had long since run out. I had also already recently used Prezi, and wanted to mix things up some as well, so it fell on creating a website...

Where the Nervousness Was Rooted

To understand why I did not particularly want to make a website even though it was my last option, you need to understand what I already knew of website creation from when I was growing up. Back when I was younger and the internet was in its toddler years (yes, I know that I am dating myself now), you needed to know how to code in HTML in order to make a website. Since I loved playing games on the computer, but never was confident enough in myself to learn to code, you can imagine why I would be hesitant about suddenly trying to make a website.

Fast forward to now: Yes, I am aware of how there have been tools invented to make website creation easier, but I figured that "easier" was relative to the difficulty of learning code, and that making them would still be difficult. I was happy to see that this was not the case when I started. As it turned out, making a website nowadays can be almost as simple as putting together a PowerPoint presentation!

If you'd like to have a look, here is my site.

No comments:

Post a Comment