Saturday, July 30, 2016

Finale and the Whole Class

Web-Based Meeting

At the end of class, we had a meeting as a whole class on Adobe Connect. I feel that this was one of the better points of the course. It was good to finally meet all of my classmates "in person," and I feel like that helped to make the whole final assignment easier to present. No matter what sort of information or how much information you share over the web with others, there's nothing quite like getting to speak with them directly and interact. There is a certain feel for interacting with others that I can't quite describe that only seems to come from either physical or verbal interaction with them, and it really helps to turn a group of people doing assignments into a class of peers.

Class as a Whole

I went into this class with a hefty bit of skepticism as to how much I actually stood to learn from a class about the type of technology that I grew up exploring for myself. That being said, I am glad that I had to take it. I learned to use many resources such as website building tools that I had never used before, and even more importantly, I learned a lot about the Copyright and Fair Use Act that is important to know how to use to your advantage as a future teacher.

I would recommend this course to other future teachers as well -- chances are, no matter how much they think that they know about this material, most of them will find that they benefit from taking the course in at least one way, if not many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment